Sunday 29 March 2020

Barrow is doing it!

I went out for my daily walk today and it is at this point I realise I should have taken pictures of the empty streeet to demonstrate my point....the only thing is, I'm not that good at living in an online world!

I am trying this blog world but the photos are limited to my house and garden as I rarely remember to take photos when we go anywhere or do anything.  Currently that isn't much of a problem since we are all staying in but there are only so many knitted items and cakes I can take photos of!

Or are there....
A small knitted dog!

Today we have...a small knitted dog....
3 small knitted dogs next to an egg!



Katy - you asked me how big these dogs were...well here they are next to an egg if that helps!

I would like a knitted giraffe but they are way too complicated and would take far too long to knit.  I like things that can be made out of small squares or rectangles and which take very little time to complete.  If we are inside for 3 months I might opt for something more complicated but for now I will stick to my small square items.

My mum emailed after the photo of my tea towels.  She told me it was "not too bad an effort" and that "we could work on it when all this was over".  Mmm!  I thought she may have been more pleased than that but it does sound like I might get some new tea towels as a gift very soon!  And I am the kind of person who is pleased to receive such a gift.
Chives for the next batch
of flatbreads

So back to the photos...
Mint for the gin or the ice cream
Sage for some pasta
The lemon balm that reseeds everywhere

Oregano for the flatbreads, the pasta and the
herby bread. 
Ooo and maybe for the homemade pizzas

Some lovely herbs from the garden that I spent a bit of time with this morning.  I tried to remember all the tips my daughter gave me about taking photos.  I think I need some more tips about positioning the photos on this page...I cannot make them go where I want...it is a bit of pot luck and making do!!

All suggestions for what we can do with all the lemon balm welcome.  We don't eat fish so no fish recipes for us.  Maybe I should drink more gin then I could freeze them in ice cubes?  I might give it a try and if it works they will be good for the summer parties.

Love Rebecca and all at WCM xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment