Sunday 22 March 2020

Doing as we're told...

I am not one for doing as I am told...but...today and tomorrow and the next day and the next are where that changes.  I am absolutely doing as I am told. 


  • I am staying in at home
  • I went out for a short walk away from other people (and picked wild garlic)
  • I am washing my hands at least every half an hour (although whilst cooking it is more like every 3.5 minutes)
  • I don't have any symptoms...but if I do I will most definitely be self-isolating...and so will my family
So...I have made the commitment to do as I am told and now I can do loads of things I like...

Homemade wild garlic pasta with wild garlic and cream cheese...
...the wild garlic we picked earlier we made into wild garlic pasta.  It is the first time in a long while I have made my own pasta.  Now there are improvements I think could be made but my family thought it was the best pasta ever...I'll take them at their word and they may get it for every meal for a while!

...more pancakes.  Small ones with butter, jam and whipped cream.
Bigger ones with syrup and butter for breakfast tomorrow...
Anyone else made any pasta?  I would like some tips as mine wasn't as stretchy and smooth as I was after.  I've seen the cookery programmes and obviously was after it looking just like that.  I have had no culinary training but obviously expected some magic to ensure mine came out perfect first time!  Well....I will have time to practice over the next few months.  

"Are you planning on cooking and baking your way through this?", my husband asked.
"Yes!"

More pancakes....and some chocolate chip griddle scone mix in the fridge until it is ready to roll and cook.

Now what next?

Well I thought I had better have a break from cooking...I have washed my hands approximately 50 times whilst I have been cooking...as we have been told to do...and all is well.  Cooking is done in the usual amount of time, everything tastes as expected (pasta even better than expected apparently) and I have done as I am told.

Mother's Day daffoldils

I spent some time looking at my Mother's Day daffoldils.  they are really very nice...and I am doing as I am told...and all is well.


So...today we all do as we're told and those people who are more vulnerable than us, who need us to do as we are told to help protect them, they will be OK too.

I can stay in for a bit to help with that...I can do as I am told to help with that...and I bet you can too.

See you all soon.  Love Rebecca and all at WCM xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment