Thursday 26 March 2020

Tonight I made nana's Barrovian pies!

Barrovian pies!
So last night I had a rest....tonight I made pies...Barrovian pies! 

I once asked my nana what made them 'Barrow pies' as opposed to 'just pies'.  She said it was because they were really nice!  So tonight I made really nice pies!

Cheese and onion with a little bit of very small pieces of potato...maybe that's the Barrovian bit? 


Who knows but my nana's word was final and who wouldn't trust someone wearing sunglasses such as these?!


Nana making us all laugh in her borrowed sunglasses!






 My nana was also the star of a selfie!  This photo was towards the end of her life and she was very impressed with my daughter's #nanaselfie which was a storm on twitter!
#nanaselfie











My nana also helped start our With Love from Isabel  fund.  When the Centre first opened she used to give me money to 'put in my drawer for people who need it', 'for whatever they might need, especially something nice or a treat'.  She gave it with such kindness that a few years down the line we thought that when people are in difficulties and need a little bit of extra help, we should give them help with love and in the form of a gift.  We have got some lovely envelopes, gift cards and paper so that when people need extra help they receive a gift rather than money from a 'crisis fund'. 

So nana...your Barrovian pie explanation may be a bit lacking but your help to start our With Love from Isabel  fund means we will accept it anyway!


Another french knitting mat whilst I was resting last night

I really don't know what I am going to do with all these knitted mats! 

I need to keep busy baking rather than watching box sets on TV (this is when I knit the mats) as I think friends and colleagues might appreciate the bread and cakes more than a knitted mat!

A big hello to Kerry tonight who I know is still recovering at home.  Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks/months when you are well and everyone is back at work.

Love Rebecca and all at WCM xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment