Wednesday 1 April 2020

Kind Barrovian paramedics and some cakes!

Well it has been a busy couple of days (and night)...with a visit from two lovely paramedics and a trip to Furness General.  No-one from my house and not Covid 19 related, but very worth a mention just
Jam tarts with a Barrow heart...when this is over maybe I will
drop some off at the ambulance station
because of how kind and caring the service was from start to finish.  The call handlers, two different ones a total of three times, were calm, patient, clear, and kind.  The paramedics (maybe one ambulance technician but I am happy for you to be promoted!) were professional, calm and very kind.  That was what struck me most of all.  Everyone was kind.  Now I didn't go to the hospital with the ambulance because of current restictions but it felt OK.  My friend was in good hands and you will be pleased to know, received the usual excellent service from our hospital and is now safe at home.

Barrovian people are kind, the people working in the different parts of our NHS are kind, and the world is better place because of it.  And I was lucky enough to witness it first hand.
More knitted dogs whilst waiting for my friend...

And what do you do when you are waiting for someone to come back from the hospital...you knit dogs obviously!  Now some have already found their new homes...Cathy, I think there is a particular one you need...otherwise others beware, you may receive one as a gift!

Work friends you may get a lemon and blueberry muffin instead!  They came out OK and there are still some left even after the locusts swept through the kitchen.

Lemon and blueberry muffins

A photo that 'needs improvement' but it does show all the cakes!








So tonight has been a little less eventful and so I baked some cakes.  Barrow jam tarts (because of the hearts obviously and in case anyone is at risk of forgetting how much I love Barrow!), maids of honour which proved very popular and not all made the photograph, and some lemon and blueberry muffins.  Some work needed on the photographs here...I can sense some constructive feedback from my children on its way!


Lastly mum, here's a photo for you...doillies in all my tins and tubs ready for the cakes.  No doillie free tins here!








Back to the month end accounts tomorrow and finishing our end of financial year accounts.  I can't wait!  Luckily my input is limited and by the time I 'have a look' the very wonderful Mary (who makes the most delicious scones and cakes) will have done it all.  She is kind too.

Love Rebecca and all at WCM xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment