Thursday 2 April 2020

Will anyone eat green bread?!

So, tonight there was a request for wild garlic bread!  It turns the dough very green...it is currently rising and so I thought I would make apple and cinnamon muffins.  We had lemon and blueberry ones today and they actually went down pretty well!


They don't look very impressive but the official taste tester is on her way...

Official verdict is as follows...

"..well they're nice but I don't like cinnamon so I don't like them!"

I love an honest reply.  Work colleagues we may get two each...
She doesn't like cinnamon...




So back to the bread it is...here's hoping that is more popular!  The colour of it whilst it is rising doesn't do it any favours but...
...looks can be deceptive!











A bit of a wait now...I don't usually start writing before I have finished baking but our server is being
The faintest of rainbows this morning...
switched off tonight, rebooted, reworked, re-something else.  The IT people said it with a sense of doom that made it sound like the world might also end.  Under normal circumstances I might have asked more probing questions but under the currently circumstances I just thought "oh well".  I mean, what could I do anyway.  And they are pretty good (Grahame's colleagues) so I am thinking I will just let them do what they are doing and see what the morning brings.  Because of the server situation I need not to be on my laptop or system in anyway by the time all things IT related are switched off!  10pm is the big moment and we don't find out until the morning whether it has worked.  So I am hurrying up the bread so I can add my last photo to this post in time to log out before 10pm...I am hopeful as there was a rainbow this morning which obviosuly means everything will be OK.  It was quite faint but there nonetheless and I am having all the luck it brings!

Less green now!

Buns and small loaves out...are the big ones ready?  They are looking less green now they are cooked which has got to be a good thing.

All out of the oven and cooling and it's 9.21pm.  I am going to be done by the IT deadline.  I can't help wondering what my Uncle Colin would make of this "green bread".  He would be very puzzled.  Once we are able to go out and about again I will owe him a fair few loaves.

Anyway, it will be tomorrow before it is cooled and ready to be eaten...I will let you know whether it is worth a go at making some.
Good night for now.  Love Rebecca and all at WCM xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment