Friday 14 November 2014

Our Beautiful Women


Our Beautiful Women course has just come to an end for the third time.  Once again it was an honour to share the journey with a group of women who were brave enough to open up and let others truly see them.  I cannot put into words how incredibly powerful it is to be alongside a group of women as they bond and share stories; stories so deep and meaningful that they often bring you close to tears.  I’m happy to say that the group have formed friendships that will hopefully continue into the future and it is wonderful to see them in the centre together, getting involved in Chinwaggers, volunteering and catching up!

The ladies kindly wrote a few words about their experience of the course for us to share with you, so here they are:
 

“Doing the Beautiful Women course has been fantastic, making new friends, sharing stories, which is a big honour.  My time spent getting to know new people have been the best.  I have learnt a lot about myself and a lot about how society is about women, even though I knew that mostly, I now know there is a lot more to it.
The course has given me the confidence to be JUST ME.
         Sue Wearing

 
“I feel that Beautiful Women has given me the confidence to be who I am and that I don’t need to change for anyone.  Beautiful Women has also given me the ability to open up to others as it made me feel safe.”
        Siobhan Seymour

 “Going to Beautiful Women has made me realise the potential that I have to grow and develop more as an individual.  I have begun to accept myself and bring down my walls, allowing others to share and gain from my experiences.

It has been a great journey almost as if I was discovering myself and friends all over again.  It was challenging in parts both personally and as a group but we all helped and supported each other through it.

Friendships developed and flourished and I’ll be forever grateful for that.

Everyone needs to remember that you are enough.

Thank you to all the women that allowed me to share this experience with them – it was a privilege.

         Ayiesha Emms

 
The group are going on to complete the Beautiful Me course in January 2015, a 6-week Beautiful Women follow-on course.  If any ladies who shared this experience are listening, I want to thank you once more for taking the risk and being vulnerable.  I hope to see you all soon and I am really look forward to meeting more Beautiful Women in the coming weeks! 

To sign up to Beautiful Women simply ring Women’s Community Matters on 01229 311102 or contact Katy via email: katy@womenscommunitymatters.org

Much love to you all,

Katy: Beautiful Women Facilitator 


A project funded by...

No comments:

Post a Comment